Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pink's Hot Dogs

My co-writer and I decided to try one of Pink's World Famous hot dogs at their Buena Park, Knott's Berry Farm location. The menu is very small at this location so do not go to this one if you are expecting to get the full Los Angeles location menu.
We tried the Knott's Monster-haunt dog (sp?) which was a foot long jalapeno hot dog (think: thick like a polish sausage) topped with bacon, chili, sour cream, relish, onions, and tomatoes. I will eat almost anything, but I tend to be a picky hot dog eater. My co-writer tried this one first ( a bite with no toppings, no bun) and was not impressed by the jalapeno flavor and the deceivingly spicy name of the not so spicy hot dog. I tried a bit with all the toppings and I have to say that it was very good. The toppings were messy, but that was expected after looking at the dog. The chili had a nice flavor to it and tasted great mixed with the sour cream.
The bacon was crisp and made a nice texture along with the raw onions under all of the other mushier toppings. Overall, the Monster Haunt dog tasted very good and I'd recommend it.

Pink's Hot Dogs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment