Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Palais De Jade


The Palais de Jade is a great Chinese restaurant in Reno, Nevada. The decor is nice and this restaurant visually looks to be a great place for sit down dining. I ate there on a Tuesday afternoon when there was only one other customer dining in the restaurant but several people were coming in to pick up carry-out orders.
The server taking my order was very nice, friendly and also very fast. I decided to order Szechuan shrimp and fried rice. It came very quickly and very hot. The vegetables and the Szechuan sauce were delicious. The shrimp was a little overcooked for my liking. The rice was very flavorful, enough that I didn't need to put soy sauce on it.

After I asked for the bill, the owner or manager came over to my table and asked me why I did not eat most of the shrimp. I was surprised that he was so involved in the operations of the restaurant that he cared what one customer thought about his food. He was very nice and explained how they cook their shrimp well in order to make sure that they are not in the least bit raw inside. I except this explanation, but as a food and restaurant critic, I still believe that the shrimp could have been cooked better.


The restaurant features a full bar with a wine list that i will try next time I go back to it. I would like to try more of the food so I will be returning here when I am in Reno again. The prices here are reasonable and prior to 3pm, they offer lunch specials that include an entree, soup, egg roll and a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment